In the early 1900s the threat of a crisis frightened all wine growers. To cope with this situation, Doctor Alfredo Molinari proposed the establishment in Carpi of a Civil Society, which thanks to the cooperation of some growers would have allowed complete solidarity among the members, unlimited responsibility towards third parties and total guarantee of extreme reliability. The wine cooperative of Carpi was born at the dawn of modern agriculture.
In 1918 after the end of the First World War the Civil Society became officially a cooperative.
The year 1929 marks a shift change as the years of consensus and social balance after the crisis on Wall Street strengthen the economic situation.
However this positive growth phase did not last long. In 1940 Mussolini announced Italy’s entrance into the war against Britain and France.
the winemaking cooperative of Carpi survived this war and thanks to new projects, ideas and innovation, its pioneering approach towards new techniques and technologies led the cooperative towards important goals.
In 1981, the winemaking cooperative of Carpi merged with the wine cooperative of Concordia and in 1983 with the wine cooperative of Pioppa, opening their factories in Carpi and Rio Saliceto (RE). The wine cooperative of San Possidonio joined the cooperative as new member finally in 1988.
In September 2003 the new headquarters of the cooperative of Carpi were inaugurated during the celebration of the centenary of the cooperative’s birth. The new seat represented a thankful demonstration of commitment to all the staff, employees, directors, management and shareholders, for a better future to be shared together.
In recent years, the wine cooperative of Carpi has not stopped its progress! Forging ahead with its production and business process, in 2011 the cooperative incorporates the one of Poggio Rusco and in 2012 the historic wine cooperative of Sorbara, thus becoming the wine cooperative of Carpi and Sorbara.